- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 cups whole milk (or Nido)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk and heavy cream to a light boil.
- Put rice in casserole dish, adding hot milk and cream. Stir in salt.
- Bake at 400ºF for 35 minutes.
- Just before done baking, cut butter in very small pats, spreading it on top of the rice.
- Allow to cook for an additional 20 minutes or until the rice has browned on the top.
- Serving Suggestions:.
- Biram ruz is served with chicken or lamb. Chicken is served over the rice or mixed in with it.