Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Saad Fayed, Birum ruz is a rice casserole served with chicken or lamb. It is full of flavor and makes an easy alternative to plain white rice.
- Heat milk and heavy cream to a light boil.
- Put rice in casserole dish, adding hot milk and cream. Stir in salt.
- Bake at 400ºF for 35 minutes.
- Just before done baking, cut butter in very small pats, spreading it on top of the rice.
- Allow to cook for an additional 20 minutes or until the rice has browned on the top.
- Serving Suggestions:.
- Biram ruz is served with chicken or lamb. Chicken is served over the rice or mixed in with it.
It tastes like rice. If it were added to Chicken or lamb it would probably be pretty good.
this is a wonderful recipe, easy to follow and great tasting. My husband is egyptian and really enjoyed it. thanks