1 hr 5 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
From Saad Fayed, Birum ruz is a rice casserole served with chicken or lamb. It is full of flavor and makes an easy alternative to plain white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat milk and heavy cream to a light boil.
- 2Put rice in casserole dish, adding hot milk and cream. Stir in salt.
- 3Bake at 400ºF for 35 minutes.
- 4Just before done baking, cut butter in very small pats, spreading it on top of the rice.
- 5Allow to cook for an additional 20 minutes or until the rice has browned on the top.
- 6Serving Suggestions:.
- 7Biram ruz is served with chicken or lamb. Chicken is served over the rice or mixed in with it.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biram Ruz - Egyptian Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.9
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 119.3 mg
- Sodium 266.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 8.6 g