Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Saad Fayed, Birum ruz is a rice casserole served with chicken or lamb. It is full of flavor and makes an easy alternative to plain white rice.
- Heat milk and heavy cream to a light boil.
- Put rice in casserole dish, adding hot milk and cream. Stir in salt.
- Bake at 400ºF for 35 minutes.
- Just before done baking, cut butter in very small pats, spreading it on top of the rice.
- Allow to cook for an additional 20 minutes or until the rice has browned on the top.
- Serving Suggestions:.
- Biram ruz is served with chicken or lamb. Chicken is served over the rice or mixed in with it.