Top Review by jay lyles
This receipe is so simple. The only thing I did different is add garlic. I have a accquired taste for garlic in most everything I cook. I have renal failure so I am on a low protein diet and this works great.
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups whole milk (skim milk for the diet conscience)
- 2 cups heavy cream (whole milk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the milk to scalding temperature.
- Put the rice in the beram, pour the hot milk over it, stir in the salt and stick the beram in the oven at 400o for about 30- 40 minutes.
- Just before all the milk is absorbed, make a little indentation in the center of the rice and drop the butter in it while the butter is melting take some of it and sprinkle on top of the rice.
- Let it cook for 20-30 minutes more, until the rice is brown on top.