Recipe by Missy Wright
This is a light dessert for the summer time as well as a hit for holiday meals. My Mother-in-law gave me this recipe and I believe it was handed down from her mother-in-law as well. My DH and children love this dessert! The cook time is to set.
- 1 (6 ounce) package black cherry Jell-O
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 quart bing cherry, pitted
- 1 cup nuts (your choice. I use walnuts)
- 2 cups hot cherry juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve Jello in hot cherry juice.
- Add cold water.
- Allow to set until thickend.
- Cream the cheese until soft.
- Add nuts to cream cheese.
- Form into small balls and keep in freezer until Jello is ready.
- Fold in Cheese balls and pitted cherries.
- Chill in refrigerator until set.