Recipe by dicentra
From Southern Living. Note chilling time. 1 1/2 grapefruits, sectioned, and 1 1/3 cups fresh grapefruit juice (about 3 grapefruits) may be substituted for the jarred grapefruit.
- 1 (26 ounce) jarrefrigerated unsweetened grapefruit sections, undrained*
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) canpitted bing cherries, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry or 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cherry gelatin
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain grapefruit and cherries, reserving juices.
- Bring reserved juices and sherry to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat; add gelatin, and stir 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves.
- Chill 30 minutes or until consistency of unbeaten egg white; stir in grapefruit, cherries, and pecans.
- Pour into a 6 1/2-cup mold. Cover and chill 8 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a serving dish.