Recipe by ~Bliss~
I adore healthy meals, and for me, this is a meal. All else you need is some water (evens it out)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups bing cherries, pitted
- oil (for frying)
- sifted powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add the milk, egg yolks, oil, and lemon juice and beat until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form, then gently fold them into the batter.
- Fold in the pitted cherries.
- In a deep, heavy saucepan, heat 3 inches of oil to 375°.
- Drop a few tablespoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil and fry for 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm in a very low oven.
- Repeat until all the batter is cooked.
- Serve at once, topped with powdered sugar.
- Makes 6 servings.