Recipe by Gwanny Hill
This delightful salad is another from my younger years. It is slightly different from the others posted. It can be served as a salad or as a light dessert.
- 1 (16 ounce) canpitted bing cherries, drained with juice reserved
- 1 cup Coke
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring cherry juice to boiling point and add to gelatin powder in mixing bowl.
- Stir until dissolved and add Coke and lemon juice.
- Chill until partially set.
- Cut cheese into small dice or roll into small balls, and fold along with toasted nuts and cherries into chilled gelatin.
- Pour into mold or serving dish and chill until firm.
- NOTE: Cooking time refers to chilling time.