If you want that zing, try this over ice cream, sponge cake, cooked roast pork. You may thicken the juice for the sauce. It is so good! I had fun making this recipe, so easy. If you can't get dark red Bing cherries substitute other cherries.
- In large dutch oven pan add orange juice, pineapple juice, lemon juice and sugar. Heat on medium heat until sugar is dissolved and blended.
- Stir. Do not burn.
- Add food coloring and cinnamon sticks.
- Add cherries, and stir in.(Do not pit cherries)Keep their shape.Heat for 15 minutes on low heat, until cherries and juice is hot.
- Add Amaretto and stir until mixed.
- Heat clean canning jars in the oven in water, upside down. Heat the seals in a separate pan on the stove.
- Pack the jars with cherries, then add the juice. Put cinnamon sticks in the jars. Wipe the rim of the jar with a hot clean cloth and seal and band. Any leftover juice pack in another jar, clean, seal and band.
- Process in a hot water bath for 20 minutes.
- Take out and put on a toweled counter.
- Do not put in drafts.
- Remember to tell your guests there are pits in the cherries.