Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe found on African recipe site. Posted for ZWT II '06
- Pour dry beans in a blender with a cup of water.
- Chop for one minute. Pour in large bowl add water.
- Stir until skins float. Strain into colander; allow all skin and eyes to flow out.
- Blend beans, onion and pepper. Pour in a bowl, add salt, and stir with a wooden spoon for two minutes.
- Heat oil until moderately hot. Drop mixture into oil with spoon.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Small balls can be served with toothpicks.
AKARA is great...it can also be fried in red palm oil....if you like the taste, but if you fry it in palm oil, then you have to eat it hot..or heat it when cold. thanks for posting this!