1/5 Photos of Bimini Bread Abm
We enjoyed this sweet white bread when we visited Fort Lauderdale. I never had this and one bite I couldn’t stop eating it! You can serve with honey butter. This is a sweet bread. The bread we enjoyed was not dense. The Bimini (meaning "two islands") islands, consisting of North, South and East Bimini and Cay Sal Bank, are part of the Bahamian island chain, located south of Florida in the Caribbean. With research and what I had in my pantry this is what I created.I must say it is quite close to what we had in Florida a restaurant named Aruba. Use of the coconut does not bring it's flavor but tenderness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast (Bread Machine Yeast)
- 4 1/2 cups unbleached flour (plus extra for adjusting)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup warm milk or 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut flakes, organic unsweetened (optional)
- 1Place ingredients in ABM according to your machines directions.
- 2Set on dough cycle.
- 3Let mix when all come together do adjust flour or milk if needed. But be careful not to add to much flour for it will produce a dense bread.
- 4When dough cycle is complete, dough should be approximately doubled in size, remove dough, punch down and place in oiled baking pans. 1 Pullman pan, which is quite large or two bread pans as I used.
- 5Place dough in oiled pans cover with plastic wrap and let raise 45 - 60 minutes till double the size.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Score each loaf and bake for 35 minutes.
- 8Mix the butter and honey together and spread 1/4 of it on the hot bread.
- 9Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 10Serve at table whole for guests to rip apart while hot and top with remaining butter mixture.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bimini Bread Abm
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.4
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 344.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 9.9 g