Recipe by mollypaul
Easily made and a beautifully elegant presentation. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 3 eggs, hard cooked and peeled
- 1 cup medium white sauce, hot
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- parsley, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate yolks and whites of boiled eggs.
- Chop whites finely and add to white sauce.
- Pour sauce over 4 pieces of the toast.
- Rub egg yolks through a strainer or crumble very finely and sprinkle over the top.
- Cut remaining toast in triangles and place on side of dish.
- Garnish with parsley.