Recipe by startnover
This is perfect for Gorgonzola lovers.
Top Review by stonecoldcrazy
The chicken was the star of this dish. It tasted wonderful with just a bit of sauce on it. I substituted shallots for regular onion and it lended a great taste to the sauce. However, if I made this again I would cut down on the amount of gorgonzola. It was so overpowering, I couldn't finish my plate.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 4 fresh sage leaves (optional, I don't use them)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the chicken out till evenly flattened.
- Marinate the chicken in the lemon juice, 1 T olive oil, 1 t garlic, and salt and pepper for no more than 2 hours in a glass or ceramic dish.
- To make the sauce.
- Sauté the onions and remaining garlic(I use more)in 1T oil till tender.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil, add the sage and parsley and remove from heat.
- Boil the pasta in salted water till done and set aside to completely drain.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off the excess oil.
- Dip in the flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper, coating both sides.
- Fry in the remaining olive oil; browning both sides and cooking approx 5 minutes per side or till juices run clear and it is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and in the hot pan add the apple juice or wine and cook till approx 2 T of liquid remain.
- Add the cream mixture and bring to a boil.
- Then add the cheeses and bring to a simmer seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix half of the sauce in a large bowl with the drained noodles.
- Place the noodles evenly on 4 plates top each with a chicken breast and drizzle the remaining sauce evenly over the 4 chicken breasts.
- Garnish with parsley.