Courtesy of Billy Reech from Billy's Bakery, NYC. as seen on www.marthastewart.com Several reviewers have mentioned that the recipes directions were different from the video. I originally copied it from Martha Stewart's web site and it appears that it is incorrect on her site. I checked out the video and have since corrected this recipe to the videos directions. Another error on Martha Stewarts web site was the amount of baking powder so I have also changed the amount from 2 to 1 tablespoon. The recipe, as posted on the site specifies that the recipe makes 30 cupcakes......Billy (in the video) stated that it makes 3 1/2-4 dozen. To view the video just go to www.marthastewart.com and enter the name of the recipe in the search engine. Frost cupcakes using Billy's Vanilla Buttercream or Billy's Chocolate Buttercream.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix on low speed until combined.
- Add butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- In a large glass measuring cup add milk and vanilla.
- With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.
- Using an ice cream scoop for even cupcakes, divide batter among liners, filling about two-thirds full.
- Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat process with remaining batter.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, use a small offset spatula to frost tops of each cupcake.
- Decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Serve at room temperature.