Recipe by dojemi
As seen on Martha Stewart. Courtesy of Billy Reece from Billy's Bakery, NYC. Check out his other recipes for "Billy's Chocolate Buttercream" #167665 and "Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla Cupcakes" #167664.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 -8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter until smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, add 6 cups sugar, milk, and vanilla; mix until light and fluffy.
- If necessary, gradually add remaining 2 cups sugar to reach desired consistency.