1/3 Photos of Billy's Red, White, and Bleu Pasta
Midwest Maven's Note:
This pasta is very rich, delicious, and filling! This is another recipe my boyfriend came up with while messing around in the kitchen one day and we both love it now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 large onion, sliced in very thin wedges
- 177.44 ml black olives, sliced in half
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml capers
- 44.37 ml flour
- 473.19 ml half-and-half cream
- 113.39 g crumbled blue cheese (french or danish) or 113.39 g gorgonzola
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes
- 0.25 ml basil
- 0.25 ml parsley
- 226.79 g dry fettuccine (or your favorite pasta)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Melt butter and olive oil over medium heat, then add onions, garlic, and capers.
- 3Break up the onions with a spoon as you saute them and cook until softened and slightly browned.
- 4Sprinkle the flour over the top and stir constantly for 1 minute.
- 5Slowly add the half & half while stirring to combine.
- 6Let it come to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 7Turn the heat to low and add the cheese, stirring until completely melted.
- 8Add the tomato paste and olives and stir to combine.
- 9Add red pepper flakes, basil, and parsley.
- 10Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to coat.
- 12Serve with parmesan cheese if desired and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Billy's Red, White, and Bleu Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 867.7
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 171.8 mg
- Sodium 1462.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 27.6 g