1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
THE meal of my childhood.... Easy pressure-cooker soup/stew that is delicious for the whole family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season beef with salt and pepper.
- 2In a pressure cooker, brown stew beef in olive oil for about 5 minutes or until all sides of beef are browned (high heat).
- 3Cover beef with enough water to be submerged- but not too full.
- 4Place lid on pressure cooker and cook for 20 minutes on high heat. ~The bobber/steam release should go wild!
- 5Lower heat and give pressure cooker a swirl- to release any pieces that may be stuck to the bottom and cook for an additional 30 minutes on medium-low heat.
- 6Take cooker off of flame and let cool (follow your cooker's instructions- mine says to place under running water until bobber recedes.).
- 7Open lid and stir with wooden spoon.
- 8Add frozen veggies, tomatoes, potatoes to pot. Re-cover and cook on medium heat for 25 minutes.
- 9Cool off cooker- again- open lid and add handful of macaroni. At this point, you may either replace lid and cook for additional 5 minutes, or keep lid off and cook pasta to al-dente. You choose.
- 10Season with more salt and pepper and add tabasco to liking.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Billy Soup
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.7
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.5 mg
- Sodium 162.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
california-blend frozen vegetables