Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Came from my brother, who is a low-country culinary artist. Works with similarly textured fish.
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can salt-free tomato sauce
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Cut fresh tilapia into bite size chunks. Put in shallow dish or bowl. Squeeze lemon juice evenly over fish, then sprinkle with worcesteshire sauce, then pour orange juice over fish and stir around a little. Put aside.
- Sautee onion in olive oil in medium pan. Add can of tomatoes and tomatoe sauce,the pepper strips and add just a little water and cook for a few minutes. Add fish and marinate mixture (yes the whole thing) and sprinkle liberally with Old Bay seasoning. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve on rice (brown or white).
Very tasty, so easy and healthy too! I added some sliced celery to saute along with the onions. I served this over white rice. Great recipe!