Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse, Anchorage, Alaska. Named after one of the original owners.
- olive oil
- 1 (5 ounce) halibut fillets
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce thinly sliced bell pepper, sauteed
- 1 ounce thinly sliced white onion, sauteed
- 1 hamburger bun
- 3⁄4 ounce thick salsa, drained of excess juice
- thinly sliced tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the tartar sauce: add all the ingredients to a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Prepare grill by preheating it and brushing it lightly with olive oil.
- May season fillet with a little salt and pepper, if desired.
- Grill the fillet for about 2 1/2 minutes per side or until it just flakes easily with a fork.
- While the fillet is grilling, top it with the cheedar cheese slice, bell pepper, and onion.
- The cheese should be melted by the time the fish is done (if not, cover grill and cook a minute longer).
- Place the grilled halibut on the bottom half of the bun; top it with salsa, lettuce, and tomato.
- Spread the top half of the bun with tartar sauce and place atop the burger.