Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse, Anchorage, Alaska. Named after one of the original owners.
Make and share this Bill's Way Halibut Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- olive oil
- 1 (5 ounce) halibut fillets
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce thinly sliced bell pepper, sauteed
- 1 ounce thinly sliced white onion, sauteed
- 1 hamburger bun
- 3⁄4 ounce thick salsa, drained of excess juice
- thinly sliced tomato
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- To make the tartar sauce: add all the ingredients to a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Prepare grill by preheating it and brushing it lightly with olive oil.
- May season fillet with a little salt and pepper, if desired.
- Grill the fillet for about 2 1/2 minutes per side or until it just flakes easily with a fork.
- While the fillet is grilling, top it with the cheedar cheese slice, bell pepper, and onion.
- The cheese should be melted by the time the fish is done (if not, cover grill and cook a minute longer).
- Place the grilled halibut on the bottom half of the bun; top it with salsa, lettuce, and tomato.
- Spread the top half of the bun with tartar sauce and place atop the burger.