Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my DH's FAVORITE, FAVORITE cake. A wonderful woman who worked with me at a real estate office made these at Christmas and gave them to everyone. Instead of a bundt pan, she prepared these in mini loaf pans and gave them to everyone in the office. When I brought this home and we tried it, WE WENT NUTS! My husband begged me to get the recipe from her. Ever since, I've been making this in a bundt pan. But you can, like I mentioned, make it in mini loaf pans, regular loaf pans or even make them into muffins. WARNING....it is SOOOO good. I also apologize because I cannot remember the name of the woman who initially made this for me.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 2 -3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Mix together sugar, nuts and cinnamon for topping and put aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together dry cake mix and dry pudding.
- Add oil and sour cream.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mixture will be thick and green.
- Generously grease a bundt pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the topping into the bottom of the bundt pan.
- Put half of the cake batter carefully over the topping.
- It is very, very thick so you will not be able to pour it.
- Take a well greased spoon and put dollops evenly around the pan.
- Then using the greased spoon, spread the batter evenly over the topping at the bottom of the bundt pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the topping mixture over the batter in the bundt pan.
- Again, take the rest of the batter and using the greased spoon, put the dollops over the topping.
- Using the greased spoon, smooth the batter evenly around the pan.
- Bake that cake for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- (use a cake tester or toothpick to check if done.).
- Cool the cake.
- Then invert the cake onto a nice serving platter.
- Warning- One taste and you'll be hooked!
I made this as a bundt and everyone just loved it. The only thing I did different was layer the topping 1/3 in pan,1/3 in the middle and 1/3 on the top..Was very moist,will make again..Thank U for this recipe...
Every loved the green cake! It was so easy to make. They did not believe it was just a doctored cake mix. thanks
Hubby loved it, will make it definately but will double the pecans.