Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from Southern Living Magazine. My sisters and I love theses and always request them for family gatherings.
- 2 bulbs of garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- 3 baking potatoes, quartered
- 3 medium beets, peeled and halved
- 1⁄2 lb fresh large mushroom, halved
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss together garlic and next 9 ingredients.
- Place in lightly greased 15x10 inch jellyroll pan or casserole dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then stir in green beans.
- Bake 15 more minutes.
I love roasted vegetables and this was a delicious combination. The recipe was reduced to 4 servings and I think it still produced much closer to 6. The beets were wrapped in foil and placed in the preheated oven and given a head start on cooking while I prepped the remaining vegetables. The beets cooked separate until the green beans were added in. We really enjoyed this dish. Made for PAC Fall 2011.