Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I discovered this recipe on a B & B web site. I've not made them as yet, but anything that combines chocolate and peanut butter has got to be delicious.
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in egg.
- Add vanilla and peanut butter.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Shape into small balls or drop by spponfuls onto a cookie sheet allowing room for expansion.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- For a later baking time, roll the dough into a loaf and refrigerate and slice into 1/2 inch pieces and bake as above (good for those times that you do not have time to whip up a batch right away).