Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Made these the other day and I think they are fantastic. Based on a recipe of William Granger. These are best served with you own fresh made Italian tomato sauce along with some basil leaves and rocket salad
- 500 g mozzarella cheese
- 200 g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded basil
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 lemon, zest of
- freshly grated salt and black pepper
- olive oil (for frying)
- Place all the ingredients except the oil into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Shape the mixture into 12 small patties and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick fry pan on medium high heat and fry the fritters for a few minutes on each side until they are nice golden colour.
- Drain on paper towel and keep warm in a low oven while cooking the remaining fritters.
Amazingly good dish! Made half of the recipe, just as specified, and wouldn't change a thing. I used just a thin sheen of olive oil to cook these and they came out crispy and delicious. I made a dipping sauce of tomato sauce, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and really enjoyed these. Easy to make with restaurant-quality results - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2010 Event (recommended by alligirl)
I came across this recipe on the recommendation of another member, I'm PAT. I'm SO glad she share this great chef with us! I reduced this recipe by half, and it was fabulous! I can't wait to make them again! SO delicious! I did make a little tomato 'dipping' sauce, and WOW! SO glad I tried this and I'm glad Latchy took the time to share them!
i served these with spagetti, my little boys gobble them up, they are amazing. I will be make these again not just for a side dish,but for my boys snack