Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
I use the grill all year long and I love my burgers. However they must be special and It took me a few years to come up with this recipe I hope you enjoy them. ALL YEAR LONG!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard (dijon if possible})
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 5 garlic cloves (sliced thin)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, if possible
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, if possible
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix all Ingreients till everything is worked inches Shape into burgers the size you like but the bigger the better Grill and enjoy. I Ilike to use a high quality Beef like Sirloin or round with some chuck mixed in but thats up to you. Plop some cheese on if you like. I enjoy American or Blue cheese.
Bill these are definitely 5 star burgers! I did use dijon mustard but dried herbs and used a couple pinches of red pepper flakes instead of the cayenne. Would have never thought about adding capers but they worked and we prefer fresh minced garlic instead of garlic salt. DH grilled the burgers topping them with slices of sharp cheddar cheese. We will definitely be making these again. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us! Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef - Fall 2012.
Perfect! Made it for my fiance and roomate (who happens to have a cattle farm in OK) and they loved them! He said they were the best burgers he has ever had - although the meat was from his farm...