Sue Lau's Note:
Absolutely delicious. 'Nuff said. When my hubby makes this, I am queen for a day! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon non-fat coffee creamer or 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 small shallot, diced fine
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup baby portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 -3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (Red Hot or Tabasco) (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch cajun seasoning (such as Emeril's Essence)
- non-stick butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1Spray small skillet with non-stick spray.
- 2Add shallots and garlic, cooking over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, adding a few drops of water as necessary to prevent sticking.
- 3Season with salt and pepper; add bell peppers and saute for a few more minutes before adding mushrooms and 1-2 tsp water, continuing to cook until vegetables are tender.
- 4Remove from heat and drain any excess liquid.
- 5Stir in tomatoes.
- 6Beat together egg whites, yolk, creamer (or milk), and remaining seasonings (onion powder, thyme, chives, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and Cajun seasoning).
- 7Generously coat a medium sized skillet with non-stick cooking spray; heat over low to medium-low heat.
- 8Pour in egg mixture.
- 9When egg is mostly set, sprinkle vegetables over surface; then sprinkle cheese on top of vegetables.
- 10As cheese begins to melt, fold omelet approximately 1/3 over towards center, and the remaining third on top of that.
- 11Slide omelet onto serving plate.
- 12Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika if you desire.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bill's Lite Garden Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 191.9 mg
- Sodium 369.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
non-fat coffee creamer