Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Absolutely delicious. 'Nuff said. When my hubby makes this, I am queen for a day! :)
Make and share this Bill's Lite Garden Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon non-fat coffee creamer or 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 small shallot, diced fine
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup baby portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1⁄4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 -3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (Red Hot or Tabasco) (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch cajun seasoning (such as Emeril's Essence)
- non-stick butter-flavored cooking spray
- Spray small skillet with non-stick spray.
- Add shallots and garlic, cooking over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, adding a few drops of water as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Season with salt and pepper; add bell peppers and saute for a few more minutes before adding mushrooms and 1-2 tsp water, continuing to cook until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and drain any excess liquid.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Beat together egg whites, yolk, creamer (or milk), and remaining seasonings (onion powder, thyme, chives, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and Cajun seasoning).
- Generously coat a medium sized skillet with non-stick cooking spray; heat over low to medium-low heat.
- Pour in egg mixture.
- When egg is mostly set, sprinkle vegetables over surface; then sprinkle cheese on top of vegetables.
- As cheese begins to melt, fold omelet approximately 1/3 over towards center, and the remaining third on top of that.
- Slide omelet onto serving plate.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika if you desire.