Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Just made this for Easter. It turned out wonderful. It's now our 2nd favorite ham recipe. This is a Penzey's recipe and uses Raspberry Enlightenment, a sauce used to enhance other flavors. I added a step at the beginning from my other ham recipe: simmer ham in ginger ale on the stove for 45 minutes. It cuts the saltiness a little. It also cut down the roasting time to 1 1/2 hours. This is a very forgiving recipe, because I forgot to cook the sauce down ahead of time and I used 1/3 C of mustard powder and it was fine. I also forgot the dill weed, and would probably not use it in the future.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Stud ham with as many whole cloves as desired.
- Place ham in a roasting pan and bake at 325° for about 2-2 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 130°.
- While the ham is baking, put the orange juice in a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until the orange juice reduces by half.
- Add the remaining glaze ingredients and stir to combine; remove from heat.
- When the internal temperature of the ham has reached 130°, coat generously with the glaze and return to the oven.
- Continue baking the ham until the internal temperature reaches 165°, about another 30 minutes, basting with glaze every 10 minutes.