Gregg Schlau's Note:
This is Bill Hingley's recipe which we LOVE. Original recipe located at http://www.upword.com/bread/billfoca.html. I recently bought a breadmaker. Although I LOVE to knead bread, I haven't had the time for, ohh...10 or so years to do it regularly. My two growing teens adore this focaccia bread recipe that I adapted from various sources.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put ingredients in machine in order above.
- 2Set to"dough" setting.
- 3When it is ready, cut the dough in half, spread into circles on baking sheets or pizza pans.
- 4Brush lightly with olive oil.
- 5Sprinkle on: garlic powder, onion powder, parsley flakes, basil, rosemary, feta or parmesan cheese (or both!) and a little coarse salt.
- 6Bake in an oven preheated to 450°F for 10- 12 minutes.
- 7Enjoy with soup, cheese or Italian style with balsamic vinegar and olive oil (equal parts) swirled in a saucer.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bill's Focaccia Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1009 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2378.3
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 3556.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 426.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 43.5 g
- Protein 57.7 g