Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is Bill Hingley's recipe which we LOVE. Original recipe located at http://www.upword.com/bread/billfoca.html. I recently bought a breadmaker. Although I LOVE to knead bread, I haven't had the time for, ohh...10 or so years to do it regularly. My two growing teens adore this focaccia bread recipe that I adapted from various sources.
- Put ingredients in machine in order above.
- Set to"dough" setting.
- When it is ready, cut the dough in half, spread into circles on baking sheets or pizza pans.
- Brush lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle on: garlic powder, onion powder, parsley flakes, basil, rosemary, feta or parmesan cheese (or both!) and a little coarse salt.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 450°F for 10- 12 minutes.
- Enjoy with soup, cheese or Italian style with balsamic vinegar and olive oil (equal parts) swirled in a saucer.
Pleasant enough focaccia but I think I prefer those with no milk powder and less sugar. Just found these ingredients to be unnecessary.