Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My boyfriend, Bill, cannot get enough of this cake, which I would venture to say is his all-time favorite! I finally decided to post it for all the pumpkin-lovers out there! It is very easy to make, and is a nice alternative on your Thanksgiving or holiday dessert table.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Spray 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Measure out and set aside 1 cup of the dry cake mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rest of the dry cake mix with 1 egg and 1/2 cup melted butter. Mix well, and then pat with fingers into prepared pan to form a crust layer.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree with the 3 eggs, 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Pour over crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the reserved 1 cup cake mix, 1/2 cup sugar, and 3 tablespoons softened butter. Crumble over pumpkin filling to make crumb topping. Sprinkle walnuts evenly over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 to 45 minutes until set and lightly browned.
5++++ OMG! These were so good! I am not a pumpkin or cinnamon fan but the combination of all ingredients made this dessert fantastic. I have made these x 2 since last Friday. I am making this for a cookie exchange. IMO, if you want this to have more of a pumpkin flavor, decrease the cinnamon. Overall, these were fantastic.
I served this cake to my Brother last night,and he was ooh,and aahing,then his wife told him that it was pumpkin,and I had no idea that that he actually didn't like pumpkin before eating this cake.Needless to say I gave his wife a copy of the recipe to take home!
Huge hit! Great taste. The crust is so wonderful. Like it better than Pumpkin Pie!!