Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy granola made with whatever I have on hand at the time! Basic recipe from Ina Garten, but I toss in all kinds of fruits and nuts. Our friend Bill cannot keep his hands out of it and I always send him home with a bag to snack on! The first time I made it, it looked like alot so I used 2 sheet pans! Big mistake! Just pile it on one, and do not overbake it...it will seem "soft" when you take it out, but will "crisp up" as it cools! I bag it up in snack size servings,...and larger bags for Bill! Freezes well, and great on yogurt, ice cream, cereal or just out of hand.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut (I like sweetened)
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 3⁄4 ounces pignoli nuts (Pine)
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon (or to taste)
- Mix first 7 ingredients together in a large bowl, breaking up clumps of coconut, if necessary. Add the oil and honey and toss really well to coat. Add the cinnamon and stir until mixed inches.
- Spread onto a large sheet pan, place in a 350 degree oven, and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring often. Remove from oven when it's a lovely golden brown, stir occasionally while it's cooling and then place in airtight container.