1/1 Photo of Bill's Fabulous Tuna Noodle Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
This is one of DH favorite casseroles. It's really economical, but tastes like a million bucks! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, packed in water,drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 10 ounces milk
- 5 ounces dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- durkee fried onions
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Saute onion and celery in butter over medium-low heat; cook until tender; add sherry, allow alcohol to burn off; set aside.
- 3Combine cooked drained noodles, condensed soup, and milk.
- 4Add cooked vegetables to noodles.
- 5Mixture should be juicy.
- 6Add more liquid (milk) if too dry.
- 7Mix in mushrooms, peas, tuna, garlic, paprika, and parmesan cheese.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Spread mixture into a 1 1/2-2qt.
- 10casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees F.
- 11for 30 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges.
- 12Sprinkle enough fried onions over the top to cover it evenly (usually a small can or so, to taste); bake for 3-5 minutes more, or until onions brown nicely.
- 13Remove from oven and let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bill's Fabulous Tuna Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 757.0
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 103.9 mg
- Sodium 1170.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 38.8 g