1/2 Photos of Bill's Crock Pot Chili
8 hrs 30 mins
Bill Hilbrich's Note:
This recipe uses the spicy flavor of green chili pepper, without the sharp heat of chili powder. The Chuck Blade Steak has enough marbling to remain soft and moist after 8 hours in the crock pot. If you like a little sweeter taste, use canned Stewed Tomatoes. There is nothing quite like chili to prove that Cooking is a Creative Sport.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef (I like the chuck blade steak cut into thumb nail size pieces)
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans (with the liquid)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans (with the liquid)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup jalapeno pepper (remove the seeds and dice)
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and start to brown the meat.
- 2When the meat starts to lose it's pink color, push to one side of the pan and add the onions in the fat.
- 3Saute the onions until nearly transparent, stir the meat and onions together and pour into a crock pot.
- 4Add the rest of the ingredients, except the flour and butter, and cook on the low setting for 8 hours. Or if you are in a hurry, 4 hours will be enough on the crock pot's high setting.
- 5Stirring occasionally About an hour prior to serving, melt the butter in a small frying pan, add the flour and stir until a brown paste has formed.
- 6Add to the crock pot and stir.
- 7Complete Veggie Crock Pot Chili is a Vegetarian version of this chili, using rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bill's Crock Pot Chili
Serving Size: 1 (2623 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.8
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.6 mg
- Sodium 1508.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.4 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 48.6 g