Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My husband, Bill, does not normally like sweets, but he is a cheesecake fanatic, and this is the favorite of our house.
- 236.59 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml melted butter
- 4 (907.18 g) package cream cheese (softened)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml flour
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 226.79 g container mascarpone
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 595.33 g can cherry pie filling
- Preheat over to 350f.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, 3 tbs sugar and melted butter. Press into bottom of a tall 9" springform pan.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar and flour thoroughly, then add agges one at a time. Beat in sour cream, and whip until completely mixed and place into pan.
- Put the springform pan with the cheesecake on a cookie sheet and add 1/2 inch of water to the cookie sheet. This will help prevent the cheesecake from cracking as it cooks. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven and crack door open, leaving cheesecake inside oven until cool.
- Topping: Whip the mascarpone and sugar, and top the cheesecake. Once the layer is put on the cheesecake, add the cherry pie filling on top. Place in fridge overnight.
- NOTE: You can use the pre-made graham cracker crumb pie pans that you get at the store, but if you do, the filling will make three pies, and only bake 50-55 minutes. You also need to double the topping quantity for the three pies.
This is a wonderful cheesecake! Moist and dense with a creamy topping- YUM! Cherry cheesecake is near and dear to me as years ago I brought one into work and offered some to co-workers and also to a very nice man I didn't know very well from a different department. We were married 1 year later :) Thanks for sharing your recipe. *Made for PAC Spring 2010*