I had never heard of chicken pot pie soup, until I learned that it was an all-around best seller at a soup restaurant chain. I decided to create one for my dear William, who was bowled over (nice pun?) with the results. Posting here while it's still fresh in my memory!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon and seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups shredded cooked rotisserie chicken or 2 cups chopped cooked rotisserie chicken
- salt, to taste
- 1Steam potatoes until cooked (I steamed them in the microwave for about 5 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, spray large soup pot or Dutch oven with non-stick cooking spray. Cook onion and garlic until translucent.
- 3Add butter; when melted, whisk in flour, bouillon and white pepper. Cook for about 1 minute, then slowly add milk, whisking well to blend, and bring to a simmer. Cook for another minute.
- 4Stir in chicken, peas and carrots, and potatoes. Cook for about 1 minute. If too thick, add a little milk. Add additional salt, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bill's Best Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.2
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Sodium 329.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: