- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium.
- Add onion and celery and saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add paprika, garlic and cayenne.
- Saute 1 minute more.
- Add ketchup, beer, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer, uncovered, on medium-low until slightly reduced and flavors have blended, about 30 minutes.
- This can be prepared in advance and refrigerated or frozen.