Prep 10 mins
Cook 36 mins
This is a great all purpose bbq sauce for chicken, ribs, roasts, etc.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium.
- Add onion and celery and saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add paprika, garlic and cayenne.
- Saute 1 minute more.
- Add ketchup, beer, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer, uncovered, on medium-low until slightly reduced and flavors have blended, about 30 minutes.
- This can be prepared in advance and refrigerated or frozen.
I like the little zing from this (I used a bit extra cayenne). This is a good overall BBQ sauce that could be used on just about anything you BBQ. Thanks Normaone
Hi Normaone...made your Bill's BBQ sauce today to go with my oven baked beef ribs. This BBQ sauce is just wonderful...has just the right amount of cider vinegar and beer in for tenderizing, just what i wanted for my beef, and has a wonderful flavor. The only thing I changed was I added quite a lot more garlic, cause we are garlic lovers, and I added more onion and celery, and I doubled the recipe(added 2 full bottles of beer) with the doubled recipe....Just delicious, thanx for a wonderful BBQ sauce recipe, I have already entered this one in my 5 stars folder, and plan on making this again... Thank you and keep up the good work! :-)
This recipe is great! =) Not sweet like so many are. Used this to marinate chicken and it was soooo good. Thanks so much for posting!