Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
We have a great chef in Sydney named Bill Granger. This is his recipe for a hot flavourful pudding. Delicious.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 85 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup soft brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup syrup or 1⁄4 cup treacle
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Sift flour, salt, sugar, baking powder into bowl.
- Add banana, milk, butter, egg, vanilla extract.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Pour into 2.5 litre baking dish.
- To make the topping, place brown sugar, suryp, water in small pot.
- Bring to the boil.
- Pour mixture careflly over the pudding.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Sweet, sticky, yummy, easy to make pudding. Instead of boiling the topping on the stove I added boiled water to the sugar and syrup and microwaved for about 1-2 minutes, just until the sugar had dissolved. Then poured it onto the pudding mix before putting into the oven. Served with cream and icecream. A keeper for our family, thank you for sharing :)
Definitely different and yummy! Tasted a bit like bread pudding with a nice banana kick. It was simple to put together and turned out perfectly...even though I was skeptical about pouring the boiling hot sugar over the uncooked batter. To echo other reviews, the US oven temp conversion is 350.
Very nice, easy to make, even had the under 5's helping me. Followed another reviewers advice and heated topping in the microwave to boiling before pouring over pud. Served with custard and ice cream. Thanks for sharing.