Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
We have a great chef in Sydney named Bill Granger. This is his recipe for a hot flavourful pudding. Delicious.
Top Review by Jewelies
Sweet, sticky, yummy, easy to make pudding. Instead of boiling the topping on the stove I added boiled water to the sugar and syrup and microwaved for about 1-2 minutes, just until the sugar had dissolved. Then poured it onto the pudding mix before putting into the oven. Served with cream and icecream. A keeper for our family, thank you for sharing :)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 85 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup soft brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup syrup or 1⁄4 cup treacle
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Sift flour, salt, sugar, baking powder into bowl.
- Add banana, milk, butter, egg, vanilla extract.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Pour into 2.5 litre baking dish.
- To make the topping, place brown sugar, suryp, water in small pot.
- Bring to the boil.
- Pour mixture careflly over the pudding.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.