Recipe by Simply Fresh Cooking
This delicious chili is super healthy and colorful. We like to top it with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and onions.
- 1 cup dried pinto bean
- 1⁄2 cup dried black beans
- 1⁄2 cup dried red kidney beans
- 6 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 large onions (1 chopped, 1 quartered)
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 3 celery ribs, cut into thirds
- 1 -2 jalapeno
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey (99% lean)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook all dried beans together according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven, pour cans of tomatoes and chicken broth and turn heat on low.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade - add garlic, celery, hot peppers, and the quartered onion. Add about a ladle full of some of the juice from the pot and process on high until smooth. Place into the pot with the chicken broth and tomato mixture. Next, add green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper, chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, cumin, paprika, ancho chili powder, granulated garlic, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 3-4 hours. Add in the beans during the last hour or so of cooking time.
- In a large pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and fully cook. Stir turkey into the pot of chili right before serving.