Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is a delicious dessert-type quiche that my husband Bill invented just today! It's really delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
For First Layer of Filling
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 6 large strawberries
For Second Layer of Filling
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup chopped fig (Bill used Oregon brand canned figs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- kiwi, slices (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crust ingredients until you have a very smooth, textured dough.
- Press into greased pie plate until it's over the edges but not too thinly spread.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 325.
- For First Layer of Filling:.
- Chop strawberries fine.
- Mix the strawberries into the cream cheese.
- When well mixed, spread cream cheese mixture over baked and cooled crust.
- For Second Layer:.
- Mix the eggs, figs, vanilla and nutmeg together with fork until well-blended but not frothy.
- Pour that mixture into the crust.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- For Caramel Glaze:.
- Meanwhile, over low heat in small saucepan heat brown sugar, butter and milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for five minutes.
- When quiche is ready, drizzle the caramel mixture over hot quiche.
- Garnish with kiwi fruit slices.