Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Who is Billie, I don't know who she is, but she makes a really nice fruitcake that starts with a cake mix.
- 18 1⁄2 ounces duncan hines yellow cake mix
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 cups mixed candied fruit
- Preheat oven to 300 degree.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl mix together Cake mix, almond extract, butter, eggs, oil, sour cream and milk.
- Beat for 4 minutes.
- Add fruit, condensed milk and nuts and mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 2 hours or until cake springs back when touched.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Remove to serving plate.
- Can dust with confectioners sugar if desired.