Recipe by Slewfoot Sue
I promise people's eyes will roll to the back of their head when they try these! This recipe was passed on to me from a very nice visit to one of my mom's best friends; it was her daughter's invention. So there you go!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup safflower oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour (1/2 wheat, 1/2 white is fine)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups oats (or Multi-Grain Oats)
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (or carob, white chocolate)
- 4 cups corn flakes or 4 cups similar favorite crunchy cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl the size of a bucket, throw in every ingredient.
- Wearing thin plastic gloves, mix it all up with your hands, until blended, without smashing the cereal or chips.
- Place cookie-sized balls on greased baking sheets.
- Press to flatten.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.