Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Billie Moore was a big, beautiful woman that I remember from early childhood. I think I secretly want to be her. She was a sweet Southern woman, who always smelled wonderful, and brought me the best cookies. I want to honor her by posting her recipes. She is sorely missed.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 6 whole large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
- Mix sugar and flour.
- Beat eggs, and add in syrup, sugar mixture, coconut and margarine.
- Pour into unbaked pie crusts.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°, and bake additional 50 minutes.
A very good pie. I do have to say the predominant taste was not coconut. It was more like pecan pie with without the pecans. The recipe was a little confusing. It calls for sugar but did not say how much. I used 2 tablespoons of splenda. I still don't know why the recipe calls for 2 pie crusts. I used two but did not see any difference. Still the pie was good.