Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Am recording this recipe because my husband loves this variation (and I may forget what I added the next time I make it)! It is a very simple meatloaf, but gets rave reviews from my husband and guests (including picky eaters). I use a loaf pan to shape the meatloaf, and unmold it onto a broiler pan to reduce fat.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, low fat
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- breadcrumbs, if needed
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh onions or 3 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (low sodium)
- In large bowl, beat egg and milk/cream together.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, Ketchup, and seasonings.
- Note: If using dried minced onion, stir in at this point.
- Soak bread in the egg/milk/seasonings mixture, until all moisture is absorbed. Add breadcrumbs to soak up extra liquid, if needed.
- Stir in onions and ground beef. Mix well.
- Turn out into an 8 x 4" or 9 x 5" loaf pan, that is lined with plastic wrap, packing mixture well.
- Invert and unmold loaf pan onto a broiler pan, removing plastic wrap.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until done in the center.
- Serve with brown gravy, if desired.