Prep 40 mins
Cook 18 mins
Before they closed their doors in 2002, Bill Knapp's Restaurants were a 54 year tradition in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. Posted in response to a recipe request
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a pie plate.
- In medium bowl stir sugar with Bisquick just to combine.
- Set aside.
- Put remaining ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high speed about 30
- seconds or until smooth and completely combined.
- Pour into Bisquick mixture and stir with a large spoon until fully incorporated and dough comes away from the side of the bowl.
- Dust your hands with Bisquick and knead dough until smooth and elastic - about 5 minutes.
- Shape dough into 8 equal patties, each about 1 inch thick.
- Place evenly in pie plate.
- Brush top of each biscuit with dab of soft butter or margarine.
- Cover with inverted glass bowl or lid sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Allow biscuits to rise for about 30 minutes.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown and doubled in size.
just made these-i used my stand mixer to knead- they taste wonderful and the family luvs them. thank you I made them again tonight and i used only one bowl-and the kitchenaid of course- the biscuits came out wonderful-thanks again
I remember Bill Knapp's restaurant in Ohio, when I was a young boy. Remember the smell of the place in the morning when we would stop. Has taken many years to find the recipe. Have made three times and the family that's still here sucks them up like a vacuum. Thank You for posting. Simple and just can't eat one.