Recipe by mollypaul
Before they closed their doors in 2002, Bill Knapp's Restaurants were a 54 year tradition in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. Posted in response to a recipe request
Top Review by petlover
just made these-i used my stand mixer to knead- they taste wonderful and the family luvs them. thank you I made them again tonight and i used only one bowl-and the kitchenaid of course- the biscuits came out wonderful-thanks again
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a pie plate.
- In medium bowl stir sugar with Bisquick just to combine.
- Set aside.
- Put remaining ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high speed about 30
- seconds or until smooth and completely combined.
- Pour into Bisquick mixture and stir with a large spoon until fully incorporated and dough comes away from the side of the bowl.
- Dust your hands with Bisquick and knead dough until smooth and elastic - about 5 minutes.
- Shape dough into 8 equal patties, each about 1 inch thick.
- Place evenly in pie plate.
- Brush top of each biscuit with dab of soft butter or margarine.
- Cover with inverted glass bowl or lid sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Allow biscuits to rise for about 30 minutes.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown and doubled in size.