Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From bill's food. Works best with butternut pumpkin peeled and cut into wedges.
Make and share this Bill Granger's Spiced Roasted Pumpkin recipe from Food.com.
- 800 g pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place pumpkin in a roasting pan and sprinkle with cumin, cayenne pepper, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss until the pumpkin is well coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender and caramelized.
This is a really nice simple side for dinner...great change from potatoes...even miss 5 year old ate this up, no drama..thanks for posting!
This turned out great -- I used pumpkin, which I peeled and cut into chunks. I am going to make this again, but next time I will add 1/2 tsp chili powder to the spices, for a little extra flavor. The cayenne was hot, but I think more overall flavor is needed.
*Reviewed during ZWT4* I'm a fan of Bill Granger's recipes- good homestyle cooking. These cooked up quickly and were very tasty. Thanks for another great recipe Amanda. Photo also being posted