Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From bill's food. Works best with butternut pumpkin peeled and cut into wedges.
- 800 g pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place pumpkin in a roasting pan and sprinkle with cumin, cayenne pepper, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss until the pumpkin is well coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender and caramelized.
This is a really nice simple side for dinner...great change from potatoes...even miss 5 year old ate this up, no drama..thanks for posting!
This turned out great -- I used pumpkin, which I peeled and cut into chunks. I am going to make this again, but next time I will add 1/2 tsp chili powder to the spices, for a little extra flavor. The cayenne was hot, but I think more overall flavor is needed.
*Reviewed during ZWT4* I'm a fan of Bill Granger's recipes- good homestyle cooking. These cooked up quickly and were very tasty. Thanks for another great recipe Amanda. Photo also being posted