Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
Mushrooms are my favorite food and I especially like marinated mushrooms. It is really hard to get marinated mushrooms in the UK though. So, I was really happy to find this recipe in the BBC Good Food magazine. It is from the Australian TV cook, Bill Granger. I really like his simple and healthy recipes.
Top Review by Shuzbud
A lovely, different way to prepare mushrooms. The oregano worked beautifully in this dish. In an attempt to make it healthier, I reduced the oil and upped the vinegar and after soaking for nearly 24 hours, the vinegar taste was a little strong but that's my fault, not the recipe's. I'll definitely make this often, probably adding minced garlic next time. I also used the vinegar mixture to marinate some tomatoes after the mushrooms and those came out lovely as well! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 1 lb button mushroom
- 3 1⁄2 fluid ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons oregano, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch the mushrooms in boiling salted water for 3 minutes, then drain.
- While the mushrooms are warm, pour over the olive oil and the red wine vinegar.
- Add oregano, a little salt and freshly ground black pepper, then stir to combine.
- Allow to cool, then chill until serving.