Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good, filling sandwich that's good to eat before you go to vote! Adapted from CD Kitchens and tweaked just a leetle bit!
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely chopped
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon celery, finely chopped
- 1 tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish (or dill)
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a medium bowl place tuna, egg, onion, celery, pickle relish, both mustards, mayonnaise and salt.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Spread tuna mixture on 2 of the bread slices.
- Cover with tomato slices and lettuce.
- Top with remaining bread slices. Enjoy!
Very tasty indeed! I loved the mustard, and the hard-boiled egg addition. I used a country white bread, and nice cold lettuce, and mixed the tuna all together. I hadn't had tuna w/ hard boiled egg, but once tried~forever used! This was so tasty, I really, really loved this. I might cut out a tomato in the summer & fill the inside with the tuna salad. Yum! Made for *I Recommend* Tag Game April 2009.
Chuckling as I read the other reviews as mustard has been an essential element in my tuna as long as I can remember. For me the twist was the addition of the hard-boiled egg. I liked the texture created by combining these two protein sources and thought it made the sandwich filling have a light mouth-feel but rich taste. Did not include the pickle as it would have diminished my enjoyment. Thanks Sharon!
A really nice way to jazz up some humble canned tuna, great flavours here, this was much enjoyed, thankyou!