2 hrs 30 mins
KYBURZCHRIS JONES's Note:
I developed this recipe getting ready for a chili cook-off. I wanted something so big and bold it could start a Harley without the battery. Rev em up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 lbs ground buffalo meat (can substitute 3 lbs. with coarsely ground chuck)
- 4 ounces salt pork, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 3 ounces chili powder
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 large white onions, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (I prefer a stout)
- 6 -8 dried chili pods, reconstituted in 1/2 bottle beer
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, simmered in the other 1/2 bottle beer
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can ortega green chili peppers, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can chipotle chiles, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 1/8 ounces ibarra mexican chocolate (1 round bar)
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons masa corn flour, mixed with remaining beef broth
- 1In a large pot render salt pork.
- 2Brown meat, salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Add chili powder, cumin, garlic, and onions.
- 4Cook 30-45 minutes, stirring often.
- 5Puree chili pods with a small amount of beer.
- 6Strain oregano from beer.
- 7Add chili puree, oregano infused beer, paprika, vinegar, 2/3 of beef broth, green chiles, chipotle, tomatoes, and Ibarra Mexican Chocolate.
- 8Add Tabasco to taste.
- 9Simmer 30-45 minutes.
- 10Dissolve masa flour in remaining broth; add to mixture.
- 11Simmer another 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Californian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Californian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biker Buffalo Chili Con Carne
Serving Size: 1 (5132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4965.3
- Calories from Fat 1540
- Total Fat 171.1 g
- Saturated Fat 57.1 g
- Cholesterol 1351.7 mg
- Sodium 6617.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 245.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 57.1 g
- Sugars 109.8 g
- Protein 603.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried chili pods