Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Julie Sahni Classic Indian Cooking and many other cook books. Zaar World Tour 8 India. You can use frozen beans regular or French cut. Totally vegan.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb green beans, French cut
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- Toast the almonds in the oil; remove.
- Add paprika, chili flakes, cumin, and coriander to the oil; cook.
- Add onion; cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- toss in garlic at last end with onions
- Toss in green beans and coat.
- Add coconut milk and lime juice; warm it.
- Plate; top with cilantro and almonds.
WOW!!! These green beans are amazing! The instructions were a bit vague in terms of timing and left out one of the ingredients, so I added the garlic at the same time as the onion, only briefly fried the spices in the oil until they were fragrant, and cooked the beans until they were crisp-tender. Like I said, AMAZING! The spices were spot on and the dish had a nice spicy kick. It's not a beautiful dish, but the flavors more than make up for it! Made for ZWT8. Thanks for posting!